pin

Pour t'enregistrer, nous devons demander à ton navigateur de vérifier ton emplacement.

Église anglicaine Saint-Stephen-in-the-Fields

Église anglicaine Saint-Stephen-in-the-Fields

103 Bellevue Ave, Toronto, ON, Toronto, Ontario
(416) 921-6350
http://saintstephens.ca/

A fine example of Gothic Revival architecture in the style of early English parish churches, St. Stephen-in-the-Fields, named for its original rural setting, represents the work of two of Ontario's most important 19th-century architects. The church was designed by Thomas Fuller who later gained renown in fashioning Canada's first parliament buildings and was erected in 1858 by local landowner Robert Denison. Gutted by fire in 1865, it was rebuilt to plans submitted by the prominent church architect Henry Langley. The restored structure which retains most of the design features of the earlier building is distinguished by its polychromatic masonry, solid buttressing and open bell core. Expanded, then renovated several times, notably in 1985-86, St. Stephen's remains a landmark within the surrounding community.

Crédit Photo From Toronto's Historical Plaques. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

Crédit Texte Site description from Toronto's Historical Plaques, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

PARTAGER MON EXPÉRIENCE
JEUX-QUESTIONNAIRES
Questionnaire découverte Questionnaire découverte
Questionnaires découverte requis!

Tu peux créer le premier questionnaire découverte pour ce site! Inscris une réponse exacte et trois réponses plausibles incorrectes.

Église anglicaine Saint-Stephen-in-the-Fields

Église anglicaine Saint-Stephen-in-the-Fields

Challenges
Site Info
Discovery Quest
Questionnaires découverte requis!

Tu peux créer le premier questionnaire découverte pour ce site! Inscris une réponse exacte et trois réponses plausibles incorrectes.

A fine example of Gothic Revival architecture in the style of early English parish churches, St. Stephen-in-the-Fields, named for its original rural setting, represents the work of two of Ontario's most important 19th-century architects. The church was designed by Thomas Fuller who later gained renown in fashioning Canada's first parliament buildings and was erected in 1858 by local landowner Robert Denison. Gutted by fire in 1865, it was rebuilt to plans submitted by the prominent church architect Henry Langley. The restored structure which retains most of the design features of the earlier building is distinguished by its polychromatic masonry, solid buttressing and open bell core. Expanded, then renovated several times, notably in 1985-86, St. Stephen's remains a landmark within the surrounding community.

103 Bellevue Ave, Toronto, ON, Toronto, Ontario
(416) 921-6350
http://saintstephens.ca/
  Earn 10 points!

Photo: From Toronto's Historical Plaques. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.