The Peel County Courthouse is a historic building located in Brampton, Ontario. The building’s construction started in 1865, and was completed by 1867, when the Peel County Council began hosting their meetings at the site. The building was done in a Venitian Gothic style, and would become home to the courthouse and the jail for Peel County. In 1973, the building became the main offices for the Peel Regional Council until they moved to a new site in 1980. The building was then managed by the Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA), and remained closed to the public for a number of years. In 2011, PAMA’s incredible expansion to the building turned it into the cornerstone of the new Peel Heritage Complex that houses the galleries, museum and the archive. Today, the courtroom and council chambers are available for rentals, with the rest of the building being used for PAMA’s offices.
Earn 10 points!