The 48th Highlanders Museum was formed in 1959 at the Old Comrades Association then at 519 Church Street. The museum moved to its present location (St. Andrew's Church) and was officially opened by HM Queen Elizabeth II on the 29, June 1997. A non-profit organization, the 48th Highlanders Museum is staffed by former members of the Regiment who volunteer in a variety of roles under the direction of the Museum Committee. The Museum manages a portion of the 48th Highlanders historical collection on behalf of the 48th Highlanders Trust.
St. Andrew's Church has always been the spiritual home of the 48th Highlanders. The church safeguards the Regiment's "Old Colours" which hang in the Chancel. The communion table was a gift of the 48th Highlanders Sergeants' Mess in 1934 and contains the Regiment's Book of Remembrance. In the East Gallery hangs the "48th Highlanders" stained glass window.
Earn 10 points!